Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the song says. There's something about a truck. Just curious as to what everybody else's "something" is. Why are you driving a truck rather than another vehicle? For me, trucks are bad ass and you can't beat the feeling of diving one. What are y'alls reasons?

·
Registered
511 Posts
They just look sexy, they're way safer than a little car (I can attest to this one), the extra room has come in handy many of times, I can make money with it, and the I've always liked trucks better. My name has only been on the title of a Chevy Silverado and that ain't changing!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Forsakenmilitia said:
They just look sexy, they're way safer than a little car (I can attest to this one), the extra room has come in handy many of times, I can make money with it, and the I've always liked trucks better. My name has only been on the title of a Chevy Silverado and that ain't changing!
Exactly this reason here. After totaling my last car, I don't think I could drive something that small anymore. Safety alone is probably my biggest reason.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Trucks and Jeeps.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ARoadRaginCajun said:
Forsakenmilitia said:
Exactly this reason here. After totaling my last car, I don't think I could drive something that small anymore. Safety alone is probably my biggest reason.
I definitely agree with that.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I grew up on a farm. We needed trucks then and we still do now. But even not working I drive a truck into town because when you've driven a truck ur whole life cars just seem really lame.

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
6,468 Posts
I agree there's something about a truck... and a motorcycle.

I like the room in the truck and the fact that it sits up a little higher and especially that my wife loves riding and driving it. The 2 grand daughters love riding up in front beside me on the bench seat which is also a huge plus. I'd never want to replace that bench with bucket seats.
I like the feel of the wind on me when riding the bike and the feel and sound of the bike itself despite the fact that my wife will never ride on it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
SierraHarley said:
I agree there's something about a truck... and a motorcycle.

I like the room in the truck and the fact that it sits up a little higher and especially that my wife loves riding and driving it. The 2 grand daughters love riding up in front beside me on the bench seat which is also a huge plus. I'd never want to replace that bench with bucket seats.
I like the feel of the wind on me when riding the bike and the feel and sound of the bike itself despite the fact that my wife will never ride on it.
I agree. I have owned a Sportster and a Fatboy. Loved them both!

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
ARoadRaginCajun said:
Definitely the reason I drive a truck, and why I won't let my wife drive anything but a truck (she loves pickups anyway LOL :grin: )

Seen WAY too many accidents where size really DOES matter!

·
Registered
203 Posts
If you own a home, there are countless benefits to owning a truck. Since I ride ATVs I like having the ability to putting a machine in the bed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's soooo much easier to piss off Prius drivers in a truck than it is in a car! :D Ooo, did I say that out loud? Sorry.

And crankin' Aldean, Bryan, and Church is just better in a truck.

Angry Russell

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
craig1971 said:
If you own a home, there are countless benefits to owning a truck. Since I ride ATVs I like having the ability to putting a machine in the bed.
Completely agree! I've always owned trucks until about year and a half ago I bought a SUV. Look at me, I'm right back to a truck. Just can't get away from them and don't plan to again.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
To piss off all the politically correct ***holes. Let me see your fuel sipping car go offroad, blast snowdrifts, transport ATVs, haul tools to the jobsite and look down on the hotties while rolling down the road.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AngryRussell said:
It's soooo much easier to piss off Prius drivers in a truck than it is in a car! :D Ooo, did I say that out loud? Sorry.

And crankin' Aldean, Bryan, and Church is just better in a truck.

Angry Russell
If you buy a Prius you deserve to be messed with.

Dude, that's my favorite three country singers. Throw in some Justin Moore as well and crank it up!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.