Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The local big chain sporting goods store has them on sale for $649.00 12ga or 20ga. So are these a GREAT gun?, any ejecting/reloading issues with the new ones? I already have the 870 12ga and just got a .410 870 for the family, these are target/skeet/fun guns but I think the 11-87 20ga would be a great skeet gun. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
11-87 is a good gun, but if you want a great auto-loader, get a Benelli.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would love a Benelli. Maybe some day.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I agree with Hartski, but the Benelli is a lot more money. My Benelli SBE has never jammed even with three different size shells. However the 1187 is a great semi-auto for the money. If you hunt duck or geese you will want one that shoots the 3 1/2" magnum shells and a 28" barrel. Go with the 26" if not for waterfowl, easier to maneuver. On a personal note try a Patternmaster choke, they are great. Parts and upgrades are a lot less for the 1187 also. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
True, Benellis do cost a bunch. If that's out of reach, go for the 11-87. You'll be happy with it.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm thinking about it real hard :D .

So far in my 870 Express I've run a box of Remington shells through with zero issues and I've run five rounds of the cheap Winchester bulk shells through and out of the five rounds two had extraction issues. I went back to shooting the Remington's and business as usual. So I guess there is some merit to what I've been reading about the cheap Winchester rounds. Now I have a bunch of the Win rounds that are crap in my gun. I don't know if I should mix the Rem's and Win's together (like load one then the other) just to get rid of it or see if someone around here has a gun they run well in and will buy them from me, idk?

I also bought a recoil pad (22.00 at WM) that is the cat's A$$, it really took a lot of the recoil out of it.

Pics of the shells and the pad.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I put my 11-87 plans on hold........for now :-/ but I did score this nice walnut stock set off of a Wingmaster for my 870 Express on ebay. Got rid of the laminate stock set and I put a Remington SuperCell recoil pad on, we'll see how it stacks up against the other one I bought, see previous post. Next mod for the gun is a Wingmaster trigger assembly and bolt/slide plate.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,959 Posts
Looks great! Maybe you should look into a mag extender, too ;)

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Jon, a mag extender is on the list too :cool: Been looking on ebay, they just come up very often. Probably will have to buy new at some point.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.