Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GMC Sierra SLT Crew Cab
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2020 GMC Sierra SLT 1500. I'm interested in getting some type of lockable console storage insert at a reasonable price. I've looked at the one from GMC, Tuffy, Lock'er Down, and all the ones on Amazon. The Lock'er Down looks to be a quality product and by far the most expensive. The one from GMC looks like it's a good unit and reasonably priced. The Tuffy looks like it doesn't have sides, just a lockable lid with extensions that screw to the floor of the console. Looks like the Tuffy may offer a little more room inside the locked compartment. Is anybody familiar with any of these or other brands? If so what are your thoughts, pros, cons, and suggestions. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post, not including my introduction, so I hope I put this in the right section. If not can an administrator move it to the correct location? I searched and couldn't find a recent thread so I started this one. Thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
515 Posts
I don’t have much to offer but whatever you choose make sure it’s secure and can at least fit a Colt Government Model 1911 or King Cobra revolver and you should be good.

·
Registered
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
5,898 Posts
If you wear it on your hip or your ankle, as I do, you don't need lockable storage....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you wear it on your hip or your ankle, as I do, you don't need lockable storage....
Yeah, I wear it both locations. Just depends on what I'm wearing at the time whether it's the hip or ankle. And here in NC businesses have the right to not allow firearms, concealed or open carry, in their business. I always carry concealed and if it's on my ankle I usually wear it in anyway. But depending on the situation I want to be able to lock it up if I need too.

·
Registered
Sand Dune Metallic, 5.3 w/o DFM, Assist Steps, Tonneau Cover, 4x4.
195 Posts
I have one for sell. I use it in a 2020 Silverado High Country. Part number 84081567. Will take $120.

Output device Office supplies Wood Rectangle Gadget

Luggage and bags Bag Office equipment Office supplies Rectangle

Sleeve Font Parallel Pattern Paper

Gadget Rectangle Bumper Wood Gas

Wood Office supplies Gas Rectangle Office equipment

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
Sand Dune Metallic, 5.3 w/o DFM, Assist Steps, Tonneau Cover, 4x4.
195 Posts
I like it. You lose a little room with it installed, but I did not use that space for much anyway. Made by GM. It it's bolted from inside. I use it mainly to store my conceal carry when I am traveling or go some place where it is not allowed.

Maintain full functional use of arm rest and console lid
16-gauge steel construction with 1/8" welded steel components 4-digit combination lock
No drilling required
Retain access to USB port(s) and power outlets

Vehicle Trunk Automotive design Personal luxury car Automotive exterior

Reactions: GoNoGo

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
20,655 Posts
I've never been a fan of the safes in vehicles. If they want it, they will get it, period. Maybe slow them down a little, but then they'll just take the whole truck anyway.

I keep it on me regardless. Only exception is if I know there is a search or other form of detection such as a metal detector. But then again, I don't go places like that if I can help it lol. Which reminds me, I got to go to the courthouse to renew my 2nd amendment infringement license.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks to everybody that responded. I purchased the GMC vault pictured above from 2011Chevy. Thanks to 2011Chevy for selling it and the quick shipping. Now my wife has something to give me for Christmas. 😆

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
If it was me, I'd make a false bottom to cover that up. If they can't see it, they won't bother. My truck has a special place that I can put my gun and holster in, when needed.

Reactions: RedSLEd
1 - 16 of 16 Posts