Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to try and port my stock throttle body a little bit. I know you can go much but Im mainly just porting the rough edges when the air is going in the engine. Has anybody tried this Ive looked around online and have seen older model 5.3 throttle bodies ported with success. any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I haven't polished it yet

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bottom side

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too side

Attachments

·
Registered
545 Posts
Technically, air tend to stuck on smooth surfaces. So a rough surface is better for the airflow than a shiny/smooth one.
That's why golf balls, submarine hulls, loudspeaker vents are not smooth.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So your thinking it will be better to leave it like this?

·
Registered
282 Posts
SilmarilS said:
Technically, air tend to stuck on smooth surfaces. So a rough surface is better for the airflow than a shiny/smooth one.
That's why golf balls, submarine hulls, loudspeaker vents are not smooth.
I agree with this statement. I've ported and polished a tb on my turbo'd car and I wasnt able to notice any difference. Maybe try leaving it unpolished since you already stated porting. Only way to really know is to scan before and after and see if there is any difference.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got it all back together and it still runs! Haha I haven't had my programmer on and it seems like it made a difference but it could all be in my head thinking it's working. It still idles the same. I can hear that it's sucking air more. Seems like it's a little louder under the hood. But here is a picture of it back on the engine.

Attachments

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Another picture

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts