Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was being an idiot put the truck on manual and floored the gas and didn't redline but came close for about half a mile, after that there was a ticking sound for about 30sec to a minute and it went away but after got the check engine light for oil pressure sensor so in guessing the engine was starving of oil. So question is the sound went away I cleared the code and haven't drove it yet but question is could I have messed up the engine btw the engine temp is good the whole time

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got done withy he oil change last time I did it I did put 6qts but it only drained about 3 or 4qts tops not sure what happen to the rest of the oil doesn't seem to burn oil no drips or leaks visible except for the tranny and engine connection on the passenger side some oil seeping but not a huge leak and it looks old too

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Took it to the dealer ship they said it's been sucking in oil to the intake manifold and it was filled with oil and will fix it for me my worry is that could there be any damage on the head or damaged piston rings from sat arcing oil

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.