Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So got pulled over tonight.. Was coming toward traffic with my new blue 8k HID lights and cut across legally.. Cop pulled up behind and pulled me over.. Apparently my tint was to dark? Measured it and came out to be 13%.. I offered to take it off on spot and he didn't wanna budge.. Thankfully he said if I show proof he will have the ticket dropped I court, and I could possibly fax in proof and not have to show.. I'm only 17 so that's why I can't just pay out of court anyway.. Back to the other point I swore it was gonna be for my lights.. So on top of illegal window tint I also have illegal fog lights, illegal low beams, illegal windsheild sticker.. And probably some more bull they can't technically say about my rear window stickers.. Either way interesting night

·
Registered
897 Posts
i'm guessing all your lights are 8k blue since you say high, low, and fog are illegal

what kind of illegal front sticker is on there?

·
Registered
204 Posts
How bright can the head lights be before theyre illegal? What kind of sticker is on your windshield? I wouldnt even remove your tint, i would try to fight it, 9 times out of 10, the cop wont show and if he doesnt show it gets dropped.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have respect for the police, more for local and sheriff.. I've met few troopers I like but most are real assholes atleast to me.. While I try to be nice and respectful to them.. Yes all my lights except for high beams are 8k blue.. and to answer your question none are technically "legal" you aren't supposed to alter yor headlights, or headlight housings.. But you can get away with projector headlights ect.. My uncle is a sheriff and he told me I'd be okay with my lights.. Fogs are iffy because it is direct and blinding.. And I mentioned the sticker because my buddy with the same victory red truck as me but extended cab was pulled over for speeding and going to work.. The cop told him straight up "if I wanted to be a dick right now I could right you a ticket for the sticker running down the side of your windsheild" and I also have one.. But the police officer was nice.. Offered to help me so I'm not worryin.. It might would of helped if I pulled up his girlfriends twitter saying "I told Jeff I'm putting 20% tint on my car, he said he's gonna pull me over #truelove" that might of helped lmao.. Small town

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
You drive at night with the fog lights on all the time, regardless of the weather?

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Oh ok, so they happened to be on this time and you thought he might say say something about them being bluish.

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
casman011 said:
I've met few troopers I like but most are real assholes atleast to me.. While I try to be nice and respectful to them.
Virginia Troopers have that reputation nationwaide. I hear they don't attend the National Trooper Association convention because nobody there likes them. lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.