Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been looking in forums for weeks now trying to find an answer to this question. I have a 2009 chevy silverado crew cab. I have a 1" bilstin lift on my truck already, going to put on a 3.5" rough country lift on top of that so I should be at about 4"-4.5" of lift from stock height. Running stock rims with 2" spacers. My question is has anyone on here ever ran something like this and if so what size of tires can you run with trim a little bit?

· Registered
38 Posts
I have the rc 3.5 with 305/65/18, 33.6" diameter (1/16 of an inch taller than a 34/12.5/18, why bfg makes both, i do not know) with 2 3/8" adapters for now to be exactly flush with my fender flares. the 34s are not installed yet but i had tried the wheel adapters with my current tires (285/65/18, 32.6" diameter) and i JUST tapped the back of the front fender at full tilt when not moving, of course you'd want more clearance than that. Norcal fender mod gave me an extra 2.25" right where i need it. I should be good with the 3/8 extra of tire.
I did the Large fender mod which has an amazing write up at http://norcaltruck.com/2007-5-2013-chev ... fender-mod I did not do the body mount cutting as shown (drivers side only) as our spacers keep us away from that.

Now your 2" adapters aren't working against you quite as much as mine are and the body of your truck is up another inch more than mine. So with similar trimming you could run a 34" tire at a similar width to mine. My personal opinion is that a 33 would look small with your lift and i wouldnt go any skinnier than 295. 35 might be more extensive trimming/possibly need re-gearing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.