Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just bought an 08 silverado sits stock and the guy had 305-35-24 on it looking to replace. Came stock with 20's but looking to put 18's on it and a 2 inch leveling lift. The tires i'm looking to buy are falken wild peak 285-60 or maybe the 275-70. But the wheels im looking to buy are 18x9 and only come in a 30mm offset, will it look fine with the offset, and which size tires would look the best?
Thank you for the help

·
Administrator
2009 Chevy Z71; sounds fast.
6,973 Posts
Is that a +30 or -30 offset?

Out of curiosity, why would you change to a 18" wheel? Reason being, with having that same size, they are considered a specialty size because GM has the 18" wheels on the Z71 package only. I don't know what the other vehicle brands do, but I don't have too many friends with 'other' trucks that had the 18" wheel as their stock size. 17" and 20" wheels are far more common of a size and the price is normally less due to so many people having this size on trucks. On a good note, if you buy a tire that is not sized in a P-metric, you may be able to find a little bit less of a price. My $0.02.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wanted to originally change back to the 20 inch wheel size, but the wheel i'm looking to buy is out of stock in the 20 inch. Therefore I thought I would try out an 18 inch wheel instead and do the leveling lift, instead of leveling out the back end. It was a +30 offset.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
You can do the 275/70/18 , with the 2" level it would look good. But keep in mind it's a little over a 33" inch tire & you may have some slight rubbing issues. With the +30 offset wheel, they would be tucked slightly inside your wheels wells though.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I will be replacing my 18" wheels with 20"s at some point...

First off... depending on wheel width... a +30mm is very similar to stock offset & the wheels will be sucked into the wheel well on an 18x9... if you are going for an offroad look (wider stance)... you will want to look at wheels with more offset... like +18 or 0 for even w/ the fender or slight poke outside the fender.... or negative offset for more poe outside the fender...

But realize with more offset & larger tires.... more lift may be required and/or more trimming to clear the tires!!!

But also keep in mind that certain wheels look better in larger sizes.... so if you have a wheel picked out in 20"... make sure to see the same wheel in 18" & make sure that you still like it!!! There were a few wheels that I was shopping for in 20" & absolutely hated in 17 & 18"!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now thinking about going back to a 20x9 wheel, with the level lift, 0 offset and nitto nt420s 275-55. Will those rub at all and how do you guys think it will look?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.