Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The torsion bar bolt backed out on the passenger side of my 03 Silverado. I was walking out of the backyard and as I came up to the truck it looked like one side was lower than the other. I was going over to the shop anyway so I put the truck on the lift and after looking at the springs I looked at the adjusting bolts,the passenger side was just about out. WTF? So now the torsion bars are out of adjustment. I tried to turn it back in to the same measurement as the other side, but now I am a inch off from side to side and the rear is off the the same. I guess I have to fool with it some more. Any procedure to follow ajust them? Then some blue Loctite.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
Just run it in some more until it's close or a little higher by eye, then take some measurements while off lift , take it for a little drive to settle suspension. Take more measurements and readjust as necessary..

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I figured that it would be trial and error before I can get it adjusted right again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.