Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I did some off-roading in my 2003 Silverado 1500. It was quite a fun trip, but I ended up high-centered at one point and I bent the torsion bar crossmember. Does anyone know the part number for this? I did some searching online, but I didn't get too far.

I attached an image of the bent crossmember.

Any help is much appreciated!!

Attachments

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply!

I looked up a pic of that part on gmpartsdirect.com (part # 15063980) and it looks like only half of the whole bar. Will that part number be the whole beam/bar support that goes across from one side to the other? I'm hoping it's all one piece.

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man!

Sorry if it seems I wasn't being too lazy to search, or whatever. The Amazon site you gave me didn't have a pic, and the part at this below url showed something that didn't look right:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oe-gm/15063980

I appreciate you getting me the gmpartsgiant.com link. I wasn't familiar with that site (now bookmarked). Normally I have been getting my stuff from rockauto.com. However, even that site doesn't have the part.

Anyway, thanks for your patience with me. You are a big help.

· Super Moderator, Servicemen, SS Guru
10,657 Posts
Keep in mind, GM Parts Direct is not literally from GM...but it is a website run by a dealer located in Texas, Charles Clark. Not to say they are bad at all, I've used them before...but once you find the part number, always check sites like that to get the best price.

Surprised RA didn't have it.. I was looking around for my Haynes manual for the technical term, because I have the same part.. But I always just called it a torsion crossmember like you did...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.