Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I climbed under the truck today to see how much I had left on the torsion key bolts, as I wanted to crank them to fit 33s. The driver's side has about a half inch of threads left, which my understanding is about normal for the factory height/rake. But the passenger side bolt is maxed out, all the way in. Now the truck is even from side to side; front fender height is 36" on both sides. Why would this be? Is something wrong with the bar itself? or should I look for something worn out elsewhere in the front suspension?

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
That is not uncommon for the bolts to be adjusted to different lengths. You will have to get new keys to lift it anymore since the one bolt is already all the way in.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Thats how my truck old 2002 was after I bought it in 2003 with 50k miles on it. Got a new set of torsion keys and was able to get another inch or so out of the front end, while still having reasonable CV angles.

·
Registered
7,399 Posts
Not uncommon for this to happen.

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
2" or 3" level keys will work but after install and cranking on them you may max out your shocks. I would also get front shock extensions at the same time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.