Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Looking at getting a 2021 Silveradohalf ton with the 3.0 duramax. There is one near here with the diesel offroad package. It comes with 3.73 gears as opposed to the 3.23. My question is, will it tow better? Yes, because of the gears, but what I am unclear on is if the "offroad tuned suspension" will limit it in towing. Anyone have any experience with this setup? I have a travel trailer that I only tow about 400 miles a year, but 200 of it is in one week each summer.

Thanks,

Moxie

·
Premium Member
2009 5.3l 6l80
4,636 Posts
I bet its just a different set of shocks and or leafs. I would be all over that powertrain with that gear ratio personally. should get a 9000-9500 max conventional based on this brochure. So I would be inclined to say "offroad tuned suspension" doesn't affect towing capacity.. only the cab configurations and max trailering package do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bet its just a different set of shocks and or leafs. I would be all over that powertrain with that gear ratio personally. should get a 9000-9500 max conventional based on this brochure. So I would be inclined to say "offroad tuned suspension" doesn't affect towing capacity.. only the cab configurations and max trailering package do.

This is not the towing guide for the 2022 refreshed. If you go to the chevy web site you can pull up the new trailering guide.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts