Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Supr Moderator AutoTech SS-Guru Mbr Extraordinaire
2015 High Country Duramax
20,657 Posts
My father has those same wheels on his 14. Well same design any way.

I belive the Toyotas are the right lug pattern of 6x5.5 (or 6x139.7). So all you'd need to worry about is the hub bore diameter.

But I'm guessing that those are literally the same wheels my father has in which case the hub bore is big enough.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Toyota 6 lug are also a 6x5.5. The center bore is different though. GM being 78.10mm and Toyota being 106.10mm. While the bore will clear and that is not an issue. Toyota rims use a different stud with wider lug nut that will not allow you to use them on a GM. GM lug nuts are a 14mm conical dish on the end while Toyota are 18mm. Toyota also uses a 12x1.5 stud thread while GM uses a 14x1.5 Would seem easy to just mount Toyota lug studs and then use the Toyota lug nuts but that is where another issue comes up. Toyota studs are shorter than GM. Then there is still the issue of Toyota and GM having different offset ranges. Stock range on your 2003 may be much different than on a Tacoma. While yes they can be made to work. It's not something that you will have an easy time with. Definitely will not be just pull one set of wheels and put on the other.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
After market wheels or not. Does not change the fact that everything besides the actual stud location is different. The short answer is no. As far as thinking a rim will fit just because you saw it on that type of truck before. XD makes wheels for GM, Ford, Dodge, Toyota and Nissan. In 5,6 and 8 bolt lug patterns. Many companies make the same wheel with multiple different lug patterns and sizes. My wheels for instance were sold in GM, Ford, Dodge and Jeep 5, 6 and 8 bolt patterns. One will not fit the other.

· Registered
3,131 Posts
Aftermarket wheels aren't made vehicle specific. You're not going to find a mass produced aftermarket wheel that is made for 1 specific vehicle, unless a vehicle is the only one with particular specs. That's not cost effective. These wheels have the same lug pattern as the GM trucks and a larger center bore. Unless for some reason the inner diameter of the wheel won't allow it to fit over the calipers, these will bolt up fine.

They may rub though depending on the OPs tire size and lift.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
Since the center bore is different. That leaves the wheels to be centered by the lugs. Lugcentric vs hubcentric. Different size lug centering ends mean that it will not center correctly and will be more likely to induce wheel wobble. As I said before. You can get different lugs. Heck, I even gave all dimensions and thread pitches so the OP could look for them if they see fit. It is really not any different than when you buy any set of after market wheels from most places. Rarely do you use the same lug nuts. Most wheel shops online or traditional brick and mortar use the new lugs when installing any after market wheels. The important part is that he can not use the lugs that will be from the Toyota as the pitch of his studs is different.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.