Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys,

Truck specifics: 2004 Silverado 1500 z71 crewcab 4l60e tranny with 110k miles

So Ive tried researching but can't really seem to find an answer to my transmission issue. Heres my issue: This doesn't happen all the time, really Ive only had this happen when the truck is at operating temperature. When I shift directly into DRIVE it wont go, nor does 3, 2, and 1. Reverse is fine, have not had a problem with reverse yet. But when I shift slow, reverse.....neutral......drive, its fine. Seems like something isn't catching. Fluid is good. Ive read things about "linkage"or something, but I want to figure all angles on this before I start throwing wrenches around. :?

I bought the truck about 2 months ago with 107k miles, not sure how long ago the previous owner did a transmission flush or if one has even been done at all :|

thanks for all your input guys!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
What are the symptoms? Does it feel like the pressure isn't building?

My impala did that when I was in grad school, usually when it was warm and I would reverse and then go into drive and it wouldn't shift it would just kind of rev up. I pulled out the solenoids and replaced which was really time consuming on a fwd but never had another issue

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When it does not engage in drive, it revs and acts normal. Once when it didnt engage, it took about 15-20 secs and then just suddenly kicked into drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.