Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the 2017 silverado rallys. I have a 2014 rally and it has nicer radio and such. The 2017 rally comes with the base radio and is more like work truck dash. I cant believe chevy did that. Since the rally is basically an upgraded LT I wonder why they went with the low trim interior? It doesnt even have steering wheel controls for the DIC. weird. I guess im going to keep my 14 and not upgrade.

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
16,428 Posts
Keep looking. I am not sure what the Rally edition is, but likely it is just a "package" of options. Just ask to look for trucks with the options that you are looking for.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,227 Posts
Well isn't there a rally 1 and a rally 2? My friend bought the 2015 rally 2. Has the same options as my lt1. Minus the z71 things. The rally 1 was pretty much a WT trim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea there is or atleast used to be a rally 1 and 2. Im thinking mine is a rally 2. With the 14 rally 2 you did get an upgraded radio and dic.

The original owner of my truck took off the black rims and put seirra denali wheels on it. Im not much into black rims so I prefer them better.

My truck also has black pin stripes down the side which I dont see that often either. Its under the clearcoat so it had to be a factory thing.

strange mine must be a late 2014 rally.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/car ... /14369399/

Actually, the Rally gear was available in some regions on the 2014 Silverado, but goes nationwide on 2015s.

A version of Rally 1 is available on the more-premium Silverado LT, and to the back trim it adds 17-inch-diameter aluminum wheels, trailering package with hitch and locking rear differential, rear defroster and backup camera.

Rally 2 includes the exterior trim, trailering package, rear defroster and backup camera of the LT Rally 1 group, plus 22-inch black alloy wheels, black tubular side steps and a pair of wide black hood stripes. Also, 10-way power driver seat, dual-zone climate control, remote start, and Chevy MyLink radio with built-in Wi-Fi hotspot.

· Registered
559 Posts
ericlw said:
I was looking at the 2017 silverado rallys. I have a 2014 rally and it has nicer radio and such. The 2017 rally comes with the base radio and is more like work truck dash. I cant believe chevy did that. Since the rally is basically an upgraded LT I wonder why they went with the low trim interior? It doesnt even have steering wheel controls for the DIC. weird. I guess im going to keep my 14 and not upgrade.
The 2017 Silverado line has more than on version of the Rally. If you want the upgraded items, you need to buy that version of the Rally. Giving the customer choices is a good thing, not a bad thing.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,227 Posts
IMO I think the special trim levels are over priced. I can de badge and black out my truck myself for much cheaper. Only thing really expensive are the wheels they put on them, which most people change out anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.