Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I have an 01 silverado with a built motor Trans and rear and recently got it tuned and running again. It idles great but when I put it in drive and roll a few feet it acts like you are giving it gas a little it will run almost 40 without touching the pedal. Any ideas or is it in the tune? No cel illuminated atm

· Registered
451 Posts
The TPS could be faulty or may need relearned by the ECU, did the tuner mention anything about a relearning procedure or break-in? When you say built motor, trans, and rear end what all did that entail?

· Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its a lm7 with flat tops h beam rods ported heads with larger valves aftermarket intake longtubes trans is built 2500 stall beast sunshell friction red clutches. Posi with gm 3.73s e fan conversion custom coil brackets

· Registered
2,304 Posts
That's a throttle body symptom usually associated with drive by wire throttle bodies and that's why he's asking. They sometimes need to be factory reset with a scan ii tool from a dealer. Cable operated I'm not sure but I would suspect the TPS or throttle body cable adjustment.

· Registered
2,304 Posts
Do some searching on your cable adjustments and throttle body set up. I don't know much about it. I believe there are some pot adjustments that you read with a meter and maybe some other things. It sure sounds TB related.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.