Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Silverado 4x4. My truck has decent vibration at any speed. I've replaced just about everything. Struts, shocks, upper control arm w/ ball joints, lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, sway bar links, hub bearings, all new brakes, all new ujoints. MY tires are in good condition and fairly new, keep them aligned and road force balanced. But after all this by truck still vibrates badly while driving (not idling), bad enough to the point of actually being able to see the empty passenger seat vibrating. It is incredibly aggravting :evil: Any ideas on whats going on would be greatly appreciated! TIA

· Registered
2,249 Posts
drive shaft or u-joints is my guess. Well I re read so forget u-joints. Are the u-joints phased right ? Does it vibrate under certain conditions ? Under load, decelerating, certain speeds, all speeds ? Can you tell at all if it's front or back of truck ? Take a passenger with you or a driver and move around in the cab to see if you can isolate a location.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
Have your tires balanced without road force. If they don't know how to operate the machine correctly they can get it off. I'm not really sold on the road force anyway.

Notice weights knocked off of the drive shaft, hit damaged etc.
Tires out of round? Do you have a dial indicator to check?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.