Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Member Extraordinaire, SilveradoSierra Guru
2010 GMC All Terrain 4x4 5.3 LC9 211k mi
18,532 Posts
Get a Lewtune. You can pick up a used diablosport tuner or get one from him. Very good service and does it via email. Really the best you can expect from any tune is better shifting and very slight HP increase. Maybe 15ish. Nothing that is going to blow you away. Most consider a gear change with larger tires.

06MonteSS on here

A thread with happy customers...myself included:

For the intake, nothing should cause one to throw a code. So must have a leak after the MAF sensor I am guessing. Is it actually pulling outside air or is it an exposed filter pulling hot engine air?

18,532 Posts
The manufacturer used to list reconditioned ones on ebay for a good price. I dont see it on there right now. Sometimes a member here will list one. The Diablosport intune is what I use. An older i1000 will work on your truck. I have the i2030 I picked up later since it was a good price on here also then sold the old one.

I did find this doing a quick search. https://www.amazon.com/DiabloSport-I2030-inTune-Chevrolet-Camaro/dp/B01BI4OGHY

The latest is the i3 but these work fine. Maybe a little slower but once you get the tune on, not much use for it really. Other than to pull the tune off if it has to go to the dealer and there is ever a chance of re-flashing the ecm.

18,532 Posts
How much of a difference do those tuners make with the custom lews tune?

I guess i mean as far as a throttle response, loss of power, and mpg is concerned, how much better are those factors with a custom Lews tune
The tuner is required for Lew to receive baseline truck parameters from you via email and then also used to install his custom tune.

There is no loss of power, rather you should expect to see a gain in power. Maybe 15hp or so. He turns off the AFM (cylinder deactivation), bumps the idle a little, and all sorts of tweaks to fuel trims across the operating range and shifts...etc. Changes the shift points and tweaks how they come in. The canned tune nearly knocked my teeth out when I was running hard to see what it would do and it shifted. Lew's tune is smooth like butter on a warm summer day on a toasty piece of bread. Even with all that, my MPG stayed about the same. Until I did some more mods and changed to heavier tires...etc. All that will drop as you have experienced with just the lift. The tires will hurt you too, esp if a lot heavier.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts