Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2003 5.3 silverado
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, i have a 2003 5.3 silverado with a Cold air intake, muffler delete, throttle body spacer, and i was planning on doing some long tube headers. I was also looking into a tune, but i live on an island and have no way of getting to a dyno tuner, so what would my best bet be, mail tune? Buy a HP tuner and see what i can do? Any suggestions help, thanks

·
Administrator
6,126 Posts
Get with Lew. He does it all via email. You do a data log, send it to Lew, he tweaks the tune and emails it to you. You load it into the correct Diablo tuner then load it into your truck. He's worth every penny.

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,655 Posts
^^^^^^^This, definitely!!!
Any hot women on that island! LOL!!!

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
1,991 Posts
The only thing with Lew is that he does not turn off CELs for your headers. You may want to look into someone like mailordertuner, just mail him your pcm or get HPTuners and do it all through email.

·
Registered
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 4x4 leveled and 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 2wd lowered.
20 Posts
I had Supermodulation do a remote 50/50 89 octane street tune on my 2015 4.3L V6 2wd. Also installed one of his ported throttle bodies along with a CAI before the tune. Since it is lowered 2/4 and would not be towing anything serious with it, he put a sport tune behind the tow/haul button. It made a huge difference/improvement over factory.

·
Registered
2003 5.3 silverado
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The only thing with Lew is that he does not turn off CELs for your headers. You may want to look into someone like mailordertuner, just mail him your pcm or get HPTuners and do it all through email.
I would prefer a good tune if it meant i had to deal with a check engine light

·
Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
1,991 Posts
Nice. Didn't figure since you were on an island.

My only thing about leaving the CEL on and not tuning it out is that if and when something happens serious that pops a CEL you won't know about it.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Get rid of that throttle body spacer.. doesn't do anything for ya.. gains you nothing.. those are an old-school carburetor trick and does nothing for fuel injected vehicles... it can also mess up the air flow and make things worse... so get rid of that thing...

And you can search online for O2 sensor simulators/anti-foulers to install, to get rid of the codes/CEL...

·
Registered
2003 5.3 silverado
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Get rid of that throttle body spacer.. doesn't do anything for ya.. gains you nothing.. those are an old-school carburetor trick and does nothing for fuel injected vehicles... it can also mess up the air flow and make things worse... so get rid of that thing...

And you can search online for O2 sensor simulators/anti-foulers to install, to get rid of the codes/CEL...
Yeah i only had the spacer on for about 2 days and took it off after some research lol, im also planning on throwing a cam in this truck and found out Lew with the diablo tuning won’t tune for cams, got any ideas

·
Registered
2003 5.3 silverado
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Get with Lew. He does it all via email. You do a data log, send it to Lew, he tweaks the tune and emails it to you. You load it into the correct Diablo tuner then load it into your truck. He's worth every penny.

Got any other ideas? Talked to lew and he won’t tune for a cam if it’s too big, im looking into a cam right now

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Yeah... I don't usually deal with medium/large cam tunes via email... If it's a small cam, shouldn't be an issue, I've done a lot of small cam tunes...

If the vehicle dies/stalls with the cam installed and won't idle or stay running/driving, then no, not something I would do via email tuning...

But If the cam manufacturer says it will work with the stock factory tune and won't die or stall, then sure, no problem... If you have the cam installed, and the vehicle is running, idling, driving fine and does not stall or die, then sure I can do a tune for it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts