Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I've owned my 2011 Silverado LT since February. I purchased it from my parents since they're in their mid 60's and I could tell they were struggling to get in/out of it.

I'm a technician for Chevrolet. Been working on cars for about 16 years now. Full GM World Class certified. I have been working for GM for about 8 years. 7 with a Buick/GMC dealership and now a year with Chevrolet.

Aside from my Silverado I own an imported RHD Miata which is my main project. The truck still gets modified and I have plans for. The main goal with the truck is to get a little more power but mostly use it for towing/camping.

Right now the only mods on the truck are

Rough Country CAI
2022 Silverado Rancho front struts/rear shocks
2" rear lift blocks
Android head unit
10% tint all around
2022 Silverado 20" take off wheels
Light bar in front bumper

Future plans include swapping to a 6.0 or 6.2L, rebuilding the trans with stronger components, headers, exhaust, HPTuners and possibly a supercharger

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the SS forum. Too much red coming out of the rear fender wells, get some liners in there asap.
I agree. GM has a bonus program for technicians which pays out quarterly. I plan on using the next round of bonus funds to get some things accomplished. Fender liners are first on the list along with some aftermarket UCAs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I still haven't picked up a set on fender liners. I was able to score a set of Weather Tech floor mats from a trade in. Only downside is they're from an extended cab and not a crew cab so the rear mat doesn't fit 100 percent. I also got a good deal on a small Cerwin Vega 10" subwoofer to install under the rear seat.

Car Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Trunk

Automotive tire Hood Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle

Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire

Premium Member
2010 GMC All Terrain 4x4 5.3 210,000 mi
Nice truck. If this is going to be an actual build thread...it should be moved the the under consTRUCKtion section. (@RedSLEd)....

I agree with the wheel liners, will make the truck look more finished and refined.

How many miles are on it? I am surprised at the interest to swap to a new motor. But you should have the skills to get it done.

I would like to see more pictures of the truck from some angles. It looks like in the one picture the headlights are looking a bit aged. New ones will definitely give it a face lift if so.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the mods can move this thread to the build section that would be great.

The truck has about 182k on it now. I found a 6.0L I'd like to buy and build to swap in. I don't want AFM since I can make adjustments to get back some lost fuel mileage. My main goal with the build is to make a clean, extremely reliable truck, that can be driven for years without thinking twice about if this or that will go bad.

I can get some more pictures of the truck. Headlamps are definitely aged and need replacement.

Registered
When it comes time for the rear axle, get one from the 6.2 trucks, they are pretty cheap at LKQ. They are the Salisbury 14-bolt 9.5" semi-floaters with rear disc brakes. The NHT trucks will have that axle with 3.73 gears, otherwise, 3.42s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts