Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to confirm if the UCA bushings is what is causing my squeaking issue and thought of an idea -

Am I able to undo the balljoint from the knuckle on the UCA to free the UCA from the knuckle so it's just suspended there by the two camber bolts. That way it's not apart of the suspension (technically)

Then push down on the bumper to recreate the squeak that I'm always hearing to see if it was the UCA that was causing the squeaking.

Or would this screw something up?

· Registered
873 Posts
You may be able to get it off but will have a hell of a time putting it back on. Also you risk the tire falling out and flat on the ground breaking all the parts with it. Because there wouldn't be anything holding it upright.

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
17,133 Posts
maybe get one of the diagnostic stethoscope thingys and put it on the ball joint while someone jumps on the bumper. You should be able to clearly hear it through the stethoscope if that is the problem area.

http://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics- ... 69913.html

That reminds me. I need to pick one of those things up next time I am near a Harbor Freight store.

· Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got one still in the box sitting in my center console. I isolated the squeak by holding my hand on the UCA when someone was jumping on the bumper, so I could feel the vibration.
But, I just wanted to double check by completely removing what I believe to be the source.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.