Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all... I'm planning on ordering 2 6.5 speakers from Crutchfield. Do I need to purchase an amp of any sort or will the main head unit (not BOSE) supply enough wattage? Just thought I should ask before I go wiring.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You can throw those speakers in and they will work and sound better than stock. BUT speakers are always louder and sound better with an amp. So if you want more out of those speakers after you use them, then get an amp.

·
Registered
3,084 Posts
Id' put the speakers in and see what you think. If they are enough for what you will use them for, I wouldn't bother with an amp. If you feel like they could be louder, then I'd look at getting an amp. The speakers will still get quite loud on the stock power.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
You have to look at the Ohm level of the speakers also. Some speakers perform better with just the head unit and some don't. IMHO I would just get an amp (4ch) and replace all four speakers. Components up front and coaxials in the rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.