Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the price for slotted/cross drilled rotors aren't that much more than standard rotors. I'm going to upgrade my pads, front and back, for my future towing needs and thoight I might as well upgrade the rotors too.

Does anyone have the slotted/cross drilled rotors, and what are your impression of them? Ive got a trailet brake controller, so that might just be enough.

These are going on stock 16" wheels.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I did my front rotors and pads a while ago with ebc dimpled/slotted sport rotors and greenstuff pads. I dont know about the difference in stopping between solid and slotted/drilled because i changed pads and rotors at the same time but stopping power increased by like 20-30% id say. Im going to change to the yellowstuff pads later which are a bit more aggressive. Drilled rotors can sometimes develop stress cracks under really heavy repeated braking but thats usually when people track their cars and trucks.

·
Registered
66 Posts
if you're willing to spend the extra money I believe they are worth it. I had slotted rotors on my Dakota awhile back and they were a vast improvement. Plus there is clearly a reason why all race cars/performance trucks have them...

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm a fan of slotted rotors, and will be putting them on my truck when the brakes need serviced. I've put them on my wife's RDX, and they help stop that little 2-ton pig like it's a Civic coupe, lol.

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you can afford them do it, the vents and holes disperse gas and keep the heat down. Better stopping power.

·
Registered
616 Posts
i am running stoptech Drilled and Slotted rotors with Ceramic pads (from autozone) and i love them. i no longer experience brakefade (well until i start boiling my brake fluid). they also stop alot better than stock brakes i bet i cut my braking distance in half (after about 30 minutes of driving hard) over the stock pads and rotors. not to mention they look better.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I tow a lot and went with powerstop rotors and pads on the front and there drum pads for the rear, 25% or so better stopping power, I also use the trailer brake system. allot of people on here have went with them and I have heard nothing negative

1 - 9 of 9 Posts