Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
4,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was driving through an intersection, i was going maybe 30 or 35, slowly gaining speed. i was probably in 4th gear. the light turned yellow go i mashed on the gas and the RPM's immediately dropped to idle and the trunk lunged forward. then 1 second later, caught in gear and took off. I have had this happen once before, not as dramatic though. I just turned 40k miles on it last week too. is this something that has happened to anyone else? No check engine light came on either time this happened. Transmission has also been missing 3rd a few times. Rpm's jump when shifting from 2nd to 3rd.
I have 2011 Sierra Z71 w/ 5.3 and 6 speed auto.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I understand that you are looking to resolve this issue yourself and I might not be able to give any technical advice. However, if you find that you are unable to resolve this yourself I am more than happy to assist you. Please private message me if I can be of any assistance.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.