Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've copied most of my iTunes library to a flash drive that i keep plugged in inside the center console. A few days ago, I added some new albums to the iTunes library and copied them to the flash drive as well. Now the new albums I added show up and play just fine but the tracks are in duplicate, some triplicate when accessing them through the MYlink. When I look at the flash drive on the computer however, everything is normal. Anyone ever experience this? I was searching around and saw some similar problems with Volt owners and they said they were able to do two things. One was to rename the flash drive and the other was to insert a blank flash drive to have the MYlink index it, then reinstall the original and again re index that. Both fixes seemed to work. Didn't know if I was doing something wrong.

· Registered
2017 Silverado LTZ Z71
5,360 Posts
Why don't you just plug in your phone/ipod and play music from it?

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did for about 2 months, but every time I started playing it, it would crack and pop through the speakers. I could fix it by switching USB ports, but when I shut the truck off the problem reset and would continue when I selected it again. All 4 USB's did it. I renamed the flash drive so I'll see if that fixed it when I leave work later.

· Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the set up I currently have with the flash drive. It's out of sight and should it happen to get stolen, I'm only out 20 bucks instead of an iPod, not to mention the static, and popping I had with the iPod connected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.