Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado LS with the 5.3L V8, 2WD. Right now I've got a vibration/hum in the gas pedal that is only occurring when I accelerate. This is only occurring when torque is applied (not in neutral) and it seems to be occurring in the front of the vehicle, possibly towards the bottom. Took to the shop and they found a carrier bearing with 1.5" of play they thought was the problem so I replaced it and it made no difference. They told me that it must be the transmission and to put some shudder fix in it and it may help. My transmission is not making metal and has no leaks so I have a hard time believing that. Needless to say I added the shudder fix and no change. I've had the U-joints looked at as well as the drive shaft and all seems to be ok. Hubs were replaced roughly a year ago and due to no vibration in the steering wheel whatsoever I'm not sure its wheel/tire related. The vibration doesn't change in pitch/magnitude with speed/rpms and only happens around 28-32mph, 45mph, 55mph and 65mph. This just so happens to be around 1500-2000 rpm. Any and all help is appreciated because I and 4 mechanics are at a loss.

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
Welcome to the site. I get a vibration feel in my gas pedal on my 2014. Only at low RPM's in 2nd and 3rd as I accelerate. It started after I installed my aftermarket exhaust. It is louder and causes some vibrations. I feel it in the pedal often. Not badly, but it is there. Any chance this could be happening? Louder exhaust causing vibrations?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just a stock exhaust and I didn't notice a louder exhaust. I gave it a run last night just to make sure with the windows down and couldn't rule it out but I doubt it. The vibration is so distinct it causes a hum. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have you found a solution to the problem. I am having the exact same issue and my mechanic is stumped. I have done a rear differential service, transmission service, carrier bearing and u joint replacements and still hoeing the issue. Any feedback would be appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 Chevy Silverado LS with the 5.3L V8, 2WD. Right now I've got a vibration/hum in the gas pedal that is only occurring when I accelerate. This is only occurring when torque is applied (not in neutral) and it seems to be occurring in the front of the vehicle, possibly towards the bottom. Took to the shop and they found a carrier bearing with 1.5" of play they thought was the problem so I replaced it and it made no difference. They told me that it must be the transmission and to put some shudder fix in it and it may help. My transmission is not making metal and has no leaks so I have a hard time believing that. Needless to say I added the shudder fix and no change. I've had the U-joints looked at as well as the drive shaft and all seems to be ok. Hubs were replaced roughly a year ago and due to no vibration in the steering wheel whatsoever I'm not sure its wheel/tire related. The vibration doesn't change in pitch/magnitude with speed/rpms and only happens around 28-32mph, 45mph, 55mph and 65mph. This just so happens to be around 1500-2000 rpm. Any and all help is appreciated because I and 4 mechanics are at a loss.
I am having the exact same thing happening right now as well, same make and model, just started doing it yesterday

1 - 6 of 6 Posts