Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm wanting to tune my pickup, just a simple plug and play in my 2013 Silverado 6.2. I've read a lot about the Diablo predator being good, but do they even make it anymore? All o find on Diablo's website is the inTune i2 and I'm read some pretty nasty reviews of it (on Amazon anyway, so take it for what it's worth) and I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience in this matter?

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
Their customer support is crap. And the offer software versions tended to lock up. But issues are pretty rare. Amazon isn't an authorized seller, so if you do have an issue your screwed. Best bet is getting one used from here, or diablew

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
718 Posts
The folks on Amazon may just be upset because Diablo sees Amazon as an unauthorized seller and therefore voids the warranty on the device. Haven't heard any bad reviews on the site here with them. I don't believe the Predator has been made for a few years now, if you are unsure about the i2 then look around for a used i-1000, was what Diablo had out before the i2, they can be had for a fair price on here sometimes when members decide to sell them.

· Registered
112 Posts
I have the I-1000 on my 2013 6.2L. The biggest difference I noticed was with the TCM. After just messing around myself, the transmission feels much improved. I eventually got a custom tune from Lew as well. At that time, I also added 4.56 gears, headers, and 90mm TB; so it was difficult to pinpoint exactly what provided the most gains.

· Registered
329 Posts
I am using a i2 on my 2012 6.2L. I haven't had any issues at all with it. I've used the canned tunes on there, I have run the premium one and the 87 octane. I currently have it on the 87 but I still use 91-93 octane and it makes a noticeable difference over stock. I have enjoyed having it, and plan on getting a custom tune in the future. As far as MPG's, slight improvement. I got the i2 over the i1000 because you can have multiple vehicles on the same device (when you purchase additional licenses).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.