Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 Silverado Ext. cab with power locks and power windows. At some point in the truck's life, a PO replaced the passenger side exterior handle (and lock), which now does not match the driver's side and ignition key.
It's pretty irritating when I forget Im on the passenger side of the truck and I can't unlock the door and equally frustrating that I can't unlock and open the door for my wife (who said chivalry is dead).
Which brings me to my question:
Does anyone have any suggestions for an after-market remote keyless entry that would work for a 2 door truck with power locks that is also DIY? Not looking for a lot of bells n whistles, just remote lock and unlock. Any suggestions would help though.
If there is a thread already out...please point me to it. I did try searching and was unable to come up with anything.

Thanks in advance for your help and suggestions.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah youre right...but who wants to throw away $20 and go through the trouble of installing something that's doomed from the beginning. Really hoping someone here had installed something on their OBS Silverado that could speak as to what works or doesnt.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.