Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a 2004 2500hd that's gots 305 tires on it and its rubbing in the front on sharp turns and still sits lower in the front after turning torsoin keys all the way so my question is what is the best route of lifting the front end the rear is fine so all I need to lift is the front end and like how trucks sit up higher in the front just a bit also id like to get 4" inches would be perfect

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
If you have stock keys in, you could try aftermarket keys which allow more cranking...but I'm not sure cranking all the way would give you 4". I have RC keys in truck, keyed almost as far as they will go, and it doesn't get me to even 3" up..

I suppose you could try the keys, and then trim down a bit where it rubs... or get a full lift installed, or downsize the tires, obviously the last two you probably don't want to do...

Also, on flat gorund, measure the distance on the rear fenders, from the top of the arch to the ground. Repeat for the fronts. I think half of most "leveled" trucks probably leave 1/4" in the front still, but it's unnoticeable in looks or performance, so it's level enough..

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
You already cranked it 1-2 inches and if you need 4 more the only way you can do that is with a full fledged lift kit, there is no way you can crank 6 inches with keys, the control arms just don't have that much travel available.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the a lift for just the front all suspensions lifts and etc is a package I just need the front

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
Try searching the internet for lifts, you can never learn to much before buying anything, Please educate yourself before spending money because some stranger on the internet said this brand lift is the best.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to find just a 4" suspension lift for the front only

·
Super Moderator
10,194 Posts
Just did a little bit of searching for you... nada. I don't think what you want is a generally available part. You might be better off with a regular lift kit, and only install what you need...or possibly piece out parts from a kit. Or swing by a 4x4 shop and see what they can do..

But a straight 4" suspension lift isn't very common fromn what I found...

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks like just gonna go back to factory wheels and tires

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got a price? If its not to high just buy it and install front parts and then if it looks good that will be great cause I love the set up on my truck just need to lift front some how

·
Banned
2,562 Posts
a word of caution:

Dont half a$$ your suspension...It can become a danger to you and everyone around you... If you are too cheap or dont want to spend the money, leave it as it is. over extending ball joint travel, and steering components because you dont want to spend the money can get someone killed...

please either save up for the proper lift. components, etc. or cut where its rubbing...

with personal experience of losing a balljoint while driving. its not worth the problems your going to face..

with that said, i suggest lowering the rear (since you can fit a larger tire because theres no turning involved..

·
Registered
311 Posts
^^ Reliable ^^

Suspension is not a place to cut corners, notice even that readylift kit that I suggested is going to run 1200 bucks, and there are some other things you should do even with that kit. Cutting corners on suspension is dangerous, and you'll grow to hate your truck because it drives like crap.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah believe jut downsizeing is that the plan Is now cause its rubbing on the bottom of the fender well on the metal and don't want to cut up my truck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.