Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever removed their factory NNBS seat covers and put them in a washing machine? My 100lb Lab just puked all over my back seat. I did in on my NBS a few years back, but those seat covers seem like they were much better quality.

· Banned
2,175 Posts
I would remove the seat and cover spray it down with a water hose and everything out of the cushion and soap it down. I wouldn't think the washer would hurt the cover especially one these new "high efficiency" machine that do not clean :lol: .Use what sun is left to dry. The dryer is what I would be concerned about, it should be touch enough to handle it but if it shrinks or deforms it could be a problem. My shepherd stays in the bed when she rides for that reason plus claws.

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I have a bissell spot/ stain remover machine that I typically use on my interior. Sometimes it does a good job other times the solution leaves a residue after it dries. I guess I'll give that a try first.

· Registered
554 Posts
Whatever you do, don't wait too long, that goop has stomach acid and may very well leave a stain or discolouration. My Dad used baking soda and water when my younger sister threw up on the rear seats during trips. As I recall it seemed to work.

· Registered
477 Posts
I have taken my stock cloth covers off multiple times (careless wife/pets) and put them in the washer the same amount of times.. nothing wrong..
Even let them dry in the dryer.. nothing wrong..

It gets pretty easy to remove/install

· Registered
1 Posts
#06-00-89-029M: Interior Cleaning - Instrument Panel (IP), Hard or Plastic Surfaces, Seats, Carpet, Leather, Vinyl, Fabric Cleaner, Stain Remover, Restorer - Product Availability - (Mar 2, 2016)
Subject: Interior Cleaning - Instrument Panel (IP), Hard or Plastic Surfaces, Seats, Carpet, Leather, Vinyl, Fabric Cleaner, Stain Remover, Restorer - Product Availability

Models: 2006-2017 GM Passenger Cars and Trucks (EXCLUDES Cadillac DTS Platinum and Escalade Platinum with RPO R9N - Tehama Leather)
Attention: This Bulletin also applies to any of the above models that may be Export vehicles.
This Bulletin has been revised to add the 2017 Model Year. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 06-00-89-029L.

To keep the vehicle interior looking the best, it should be cleaned often. It is important to keep the upholstery from becoming heavily soiled. The vehicle's interior can experience extreme heat, which can cause stains to set quickly. Lighter color interiors may require more frequent cleaning. Care should be taken because newspapers and garments may transfer color to the vehicle's interior.

Many of today's interiors are made with new low gloss materials. Permanent damage may result from using cleaners on ANY surfaces (interior trim, instrument panel, carpet, leather, vinyl and fabric) for which they are not intended. Using non-approved products can actually set the stain to the point that nothing can remove it.

Important:

Do not use silicone or wax-based products or those containing organic solvents (such as naptha, alcohol, etc.) to clean your vehicle's interior because they can alter the appearance by increasing the gloss in a non-uniform manner. The increase in gloss may cause annoying reflections in the windshield and even make it difficult to see through the windshield under certain conditions.
Never use a STIFF brush or a brush that has been previously used with a harsh chemical. This can cause damage to the vehicle's interior surfaces.
Use only mild, Neutral-pH cleaners. Avoid laundry detergents or dishwashing soaps with degreasers. Using too much soap will leave residue that leaves streaks and attracts dirt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.