Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I had alot of plans for my truck this past weekend. Made plans to pick up white handles to swap my chrome ones out for, was then gonna paint my mirror caps white, then plasti dip the chrome trim on my door black, paint my brake calipers and brake drums, and plasti dip my wheels black. After an hour drive to meet the guy to buy these new handles, turns out they werent the right handles. Since i didnt get new handles, i figure painting the mirror caps and trim would look funny, with the handles only being chrome, so none of those three got done. Gonna have to do it another weekend after i find some handles. I didnt get my hubs and brakes painted black. Turned out pretty well, you cant see it in the pics, but it turned out good lol. I plasti dipped my rims, and now im a firm believer in plasti dip. It was super easy and turned out amazing. I dont have alot of paint experience, and it couldnt have been any easier. So heres before and after pics of my rims. I also plasti dipped my lug nuts. Put a coat on every 10-15 minutes and let it dry over night. I think it looks 10 times better.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also got new high and low beam bulbs. No sure exaclty what hid's and hik's or what ever all that non sense is. I got the $50 a pair bulbs that auto zone had. I dont like the blue color, just wanted pure white, but it seems they still have a yellow tint to em

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
Looks good, I've been trying to find a set of cheap rims to plastidip for winter wheels. But if work doesn't pick up, I'm gonna have to just plastidip my Addicts to protect them this winter...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, it was super easy, and the best part is if i dont like it i can peel it off. If it starts to peel off a bit, i can just re spray it. Every one should plasti dip something lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.