Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this 2005 crew cab LS base model a little bit ago and I am just now, noticing more often, a strange sound coming from inside the dash. I hear it more on passenger side. I took a video just need to upload it and get a link on here. What in the world could be making this noise in the dash, mostly on the passenger side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm wondering if it could be a blend door or something like that stuck and trying to close. Because with the fan control knob turned off I still get air out of the vents.

·
Registered
532 Posts
It does sound like plastic gears grinding. Could be one of the control actuators down there.
When you say you still get air out of the vents, is it blowing like when the fan is on, or you just feel air when you're driving?

·
Registered
532 Posts
NoMoneyDM said:
Just when driving.

There is a certain amount of vent air feel while driving in my truck, which I thought was normal. I can adjust the temp to cool or heat the air as well, all with the fans off. I don't know if that is true for you or not.
This is a really good watch here, maybe it could narrow down the search for you?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts