Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I putting my 17 Silverado z71 back together after a accident I’ve got everything all hooked up fuse box grounds everything battery’s charged up no coolant yet because I’m just seeing if the motor will start and turn over like it did when I first bought it , well anyway I get in the truck and turn the key and It does nothing , I hear the fuel priming and ect but I get nothing. I noticed I don’t have any gear shift light indicator in the dash where it lights up red on what gear your in I don’t have that and I plugged my cheap Bosch scanner in and it seems to think the trucks moving for some reason .. am I missing something what could this be ? Essentially the truck thinks it’s moving when it’s not it’s in the garage parked and even if you go to some settings on the infotainment screen it also says vehicle must be stopped to do this so I’m kinda lost any help would help I’d like to get her started for the first time in awhile .. thanks ahead of time

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,442 Posts
There's some videos on line about resetting the Airbag Control Module after an accident....perhaps that will work...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’ll try it out but I just remember before my truck left to go to the frame/body shop it day crank it didn’t start because I had a bunch of stuff unplugged but it at least cranked it’s not doing anything now in which leads me to believe maybe a ECU but I have a really expensive scanner arriving today that I purchased so that should help me figure it out easy

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hooked my scanner up found out that the truck lost communication with the ECU so I have another one on the way already program to the truck as soon as that gets here she should be ready to start I will keep you updated

1 - 5 of 5 Posts