Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went offroad driving in the dunes and tracks around the hajar mountains at the weekend and the truck was awesome but did find some of its limitations

Thinking about best value bang for the buck modifications I can do to improve the truck for off road driving in sand dunes in particular but also a bit of rocky trails. It also want to minimise the effect any mods have on the trucks drivability and fuel consumption because one of its main roles is the long haul (10hr) surf road trips down to the Omani South Eastern Coast.

The truck is a pretty standard 2010 extended cab Canadian spec Silverado

I've removed the lower air dam from the front bumper increasing front attack angle- Cost ZERO!

I removed the side steps and this increased clearance significantly and made the underside between the wheels much smoother for sliding across the top of dune crests - Cost LESS THAN ZERO (once I've sold them!!)

I need to replace the plastic plate that protects the engine belts at the front underside because it was ripped off in the dunes - Cost 1200 aed ($330) quoted locally today for an 8mm aluminium fabricated plate. This seems like a lot of money :-(

RC 2" levelling kit fitting myself- Cost 520 aed ($142) quoted locally today

Any thoughts?

Ian

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.