Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
13401 - 13409 of 13409 Posts

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
I replaced my original accelerator pedal assembly with the new/improved/super-duper GM # 23362231 assembly because, why not? $77 on Amazon (it was $67 when I bought it a couple of weeks ago). https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MYGWOI...wVehicle=1&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

Others claim it makes throttle response a little sharper/crisper. I agree that it does, ever so slightly. My truck really didn't have much lag in the throttle (Lew tuned) but I thought I give this a try. It was simple to swap-out but a little bit of a PITA for a big guy with broad shoulders and a bad back, especially the top bolt. Was it worth $70? Probably not.

Reactions: Tripp76

·
Registered
2015 Sierra SLE 5.3 4x4
5,962 Posts
Yea I had the same results when I replaced my accelerator pedal with that part number. Helped slightly. I think like most things these days it was over exaggerated.

Reactions: Tripp76

·
Registered
2011 Chevy Silverado LT Z71 1500 5.3 ECSB
302 Posts
Good to know. I was going to do this but think I’ll save the $77.00.

·
Registered
2012 Silverado 2500HD 4x4
1,957 Posts
I happened to look on Amazon and they had it at $69 so I got it.
I have to say it did make the truck accelerate better, no lag when you touched the pedal and cruising town it feels like I do not need much pedal pressure at all.
I have a 400 mile round trip I am about to leave on so I will give it a good test today and see if the $69 was worth it!

·
Registered
662 Posts
Starting to get a little color up north .. week or so and it'll be prime!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2015 Silverado LT Texas Edition
4,429 Posts
Not what I did, because I was kind of busy today, and the rain is gone, so I ran the truck down the street, (1/2 a block away,) to the detailers for a hand wash, interior vacuum and clean, window cleaning, bug removal and tire treatment.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'll probably never own a solo cab again (too many kids and dogs) but they bring back great memories of my youth. Great looking truck.
I got mine after the family. My daughter is off in college and so its just me and the girlfriend. And one small dog.

I also have another SUV if I need the room.

I always wanted a single cab and this is the first one.

13401 - 13409 of 13409 Posts