Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of things would you guys like to see GM or even the aftermarket start offering for our trucks? Replies with pics are best :)

I for one would like to see GM offer a full rolldown rear window like in the Tundra or for that matter even a removable rear window like that which was in the Avalanche.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
I'd like to see GM go beyond the prototype stage and come out with a pre-runner truck to rival the Raptor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
CanadaDry said:
What kind of things would you guys like to see GM or even the aftermarket start offering for our trucks? Replies with pics are best :)

I for one would like to see GM offer a full rolldown rear window like in the Tundra or for that matter even a removable rear window like that which was in the Avalanche.
I 2ND THIS

·
Registered
565 Posts
To offer a real 4wd truck from the factory. What they offer now is a joke. Took me 8k to get it "close" to the stock performance level of my Raptor. With the mods to the Raptor is not even close nor should it be off road. Now on road even with the mods HATS OFF TO GM!!! Get Great MPG's with the 6.2 and it drives like a dream. I have a 14 Denali pu which is the real 4wd with transfer case and it makes the Ford 6.2 and transmission seem like something off of a Studebaker!

Need to offer a real off road suspension and real TRUCK TIRES not the P metric crap.

·
Registered
88 Posts
CanadaDry said:

Don't know if you have heard of the breezer. It's an aftermarket removable rear window. I like the idea, but the wide trim around it is too much for me. Just thought I would share that it is out there.

image.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
I will agree with most of what was posted.
I would like to see
Console Shifter
Rear Roll down window with defrost (or even a rear power slider window with defrost)
Push button start
Rear ac/heating vents (my 04 had them)
Another thing that would be nice would be remote tailgate opener that also locks and unlocks the tailgate.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That breezer is not bad at all. My only complaint would be that I am sure it doesn't come with defrost. I don't even hate the boarder on it.

I could do without a push button start if they made a better looking key and key fob:-S I think they did in 2014, but with my nnbs it drives me nuts that my girlfriends cheap little G5 has the same keys and fob as my truck. Honestly it's these little things that drive new buyers to other brands.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
What exactly is the benefit of push button start. Sure, it is cool, kinda makes you feel like you are driving a Sprint Cup Car, but is there any other benefit besides "cool factor"?
Oh, and I don't really care about the rear window thing unless the girl comes with it. Then I would probably roll it down, have her lean out like that, then roll it back up and keep it there. Don't want the ornament to get away.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
esox07 said:
What exactly is the benefit of push button start. Sure, it is cool, kinda makes you feel like you are driving a Sprint Cup Car, but is there any other benefit besides "cool factor"?
Oh, and I don't really care about the rear window thing unless the girl comes with it. Then I would probably roll it down, have her lean out like that, then roll it back up and keep it there. Don't want the ornament to get away.
It's really just not having to deal with the keys. We've had, well the wife has had 3 cars (a Hyundai Sonata, Camaro, and a Honda Accord) with it. Just one less step, is it life changing? NO. But it's cool.

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
So, with push button start, you don't need keys? What sort of system is there in place to prevent someone from jumping in and starting it up and driving off?

·
Registered
16,624 Posts
oh, yah that would be kind of cool, until it didn't work!

·
Registered
30 Posts
I know its off the wall, but I would like to see heat/ac option for the bed. Not for human occupants obviously but for k-9 companions in crates with a cap on the back. We travel north at Christmas, its a 10 hour drive. It would be nice to not have to thaw our cargo upon arrival.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.