Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys and Gals! I'm not sure what happened with my system. I have a Kenwood DS head unit and have been pushing my 2OHM BOSE speakers with the Kenwood 4OHM output. One of the Bose speakers finally let go and I installed 4 Kicker 6.5" 4OHM 250W Units. The install went well and I am pleased with the overall quality of the sound.

Here's the problem., All of the sudden my Reading lights stay on all the time unless I cancel them with the dash button. Also, When I turn off the ignition the head unit immediately shuts down instead of playing until it times out or a door is open. I am really certain that all of the plug ins were properly seated in the switches.

Any thoughts on what I might have messed up? Is it because of the change in speaker impedances? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers and Thanks! Mike

·
Registered
155 Posts
My '16 with factory head unit stays on until I open the door or times out. I kind of like not using fuel when I am just waiting... (for the ol' lady usually!) and same with interior lights, but they go off sooner than the head unit.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello all and many thanks for your input. I traced the problem down to a wiring harness issue in the passenger side arm rest. Mainly the dumb a$$ installer (me) didn't have the bundle seated properly. All good now and working the way that it is supposed to. BTW, the Kicker speakers sound very, very good.

Cheers and Thanks!
Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts