Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to start a topic of what size lift(s) you all used with your tire combo

I really don't want to buy bigger than 33" tires but love the look of the 6"-7.5" lifts, wondering if anyone has a 6 inch lift or bigger with 33" tires

I had a 2" Zone level on my 07 Silverado and 33" tires but I want to go bigger lift with my 2010 Sierra, hopefully 3.5-5" or larger RCX or Zone

I have been on here almost 2 years and I have seen hundreds of pics now but I haven't really decided which lift I want this time

Lets see your pics

·
Registered
706 Posts
what lift will also depend on what wheels you wanna run also. Like you i am running 33's with only a RC level kit. I will be installing the RC 3.5" lift with UC arms once i get some time. And since i am not gonna be running big offset wheels it will be perfect. Some are still rubbing with same lift and 33's cause of wheel offset. I think a 5 inch lift would be the limit to still run 33's without looking like you could not afford bigger tires but i still prefer 35's on a 5" lift. But with running 35's most will regear also and thats an extra grand minimum.

·
Registered
498 Posts
tcarr25 said:
I had the 2 inch level and stock tires it just wasn't enough lift for me. I opted for the RC premium 3.5" kit this summer and couldn't be happier. It still keeps the truck at a useable height but gives it a noticeable lift. I have it with 285/70/17 Cooper STT tires.
My god. gorgeous truck.

Im gona be getting new 33" goodyear duratracs for my RC 2.5" leveling kit and if this topic is still active ill post pics

·
Registered
706 Posts
ClevelandGM1500 said:
tcarr25 said:
I had the 2 inch level and stock tires it just wasn't enough lift for me. I opted for the RC premium 3.5" kit this summer and couldn't be happier. It still keeps the truck at a useable height but gives it a noticeable lift. I have it with 285/70/17 Cooper STT tires.
My god. gorgeous truck.

Im gona be getting new 33" goodyear duratracs for my RC 2.5" leveling kit and if this topic is still active ill post pics

Thats exactly what i am running 295/65/18 duratracs. They will rub though in reverse until you do fender mod

1426729_638638699491883_1620590474_n.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
This isn't my truck but love the look, this member is running the RC 4.75 combo lift with 33's. I like that there is a little more space in the wheel well so it gives the "illusion" that there is more lift.

New Member from TX/OK!!!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice trucks everybody :cool:

I was leaning towards the 3.5 RCX already and it looks good but now that I have seen this truck I may have to go with a 4.75 combo or a 5 inch lift, only problem with the 5 inch RCX is it will push the front wheels out 2 inches on each side so the 4.75 may be the better way to go for me. :cool:

This lift will definitely make my nfabs look necessary

·
Registered
706 Posts
I do love the looks of that truck with the 4.75" suspension/body lift combo running 33's. I however am not a fan of body lifts. If i was willing to spend the extra $$ i wold go with the 5" suspension lift and add some fender flares. Maybe that will be an option for me in the future.

·
Registered
498 Posts
slw206 said:
Thats exactly what i am running 295/65/18 duratracs. They will rub though in reverse until you do fender mod

How much and where will i have to trim the fender? Im new to adding larger tires so i have never messed around with trimming and such.

And i wish i had waited to have neough money for the 4.5" combo kit but i wanted larger tires for this winter so i went with the 2.5" kit with 3" rear blocks. It provides a decent amount of clearance and allows me to run 33's so im happy with it. For now ;) :twisted:

·
Registered
8,941 Posts
I'm running the 3.5 " RC lift as well, with 285/70/17's on a -12 offset rim. They rub a little backing out of the drive way, that's one of the reasons I'm thinking of upgrading to a 5" RC lift next year, that and I want a little more height and to run 33x12.5x17's...

Having a problem posting pics right now, so see sig, I'll try again later...

·
Registered
498 Posts
See, im planning on running 285/70/17 Duratracs with my 2.5" kit on stock wheels. I am really hoping that i wont have to trim anything. and hearing that the same size tire, with different offset, rubs sorta freaks me out a bit... :shock:

·
Registered
556 Posts
ClevelandGM1500 said:
See, im planning on running 285/70/17 Duratracs with my 2.5" kit on stock wheels. I am really hoping that i wont have to trim anything. and hearing that the same size tire, with different offset, rubs sorta freaks me out a bit... :shock:
You wont rub with stock wheels. I am running 285/65 r18s on stock wheels with a 1.77" front and 1" rear lift. I don't rub at all. I may do a 3.5" kit some day but I do like the way the truck sits now.

ntg6.jpg

ntg7.jpg

-Eli

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
Im similar to TjEli. I have Rough Country 2 inch lift. 2 inch up front and 1 inch bigger in back. I don't rub at all. Sorry pic is a dirty 1. U cant see the shoes very well. But they are Bfg All-Terrain 285/75/16 on stock rims.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.