Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've not seen a direct answer so I am posting here. I currently have P285/45R22 tires on stock offset Chevy aftermarket rims. I do not know the offset because I bought them with the truck. Problem is after the sale I decided I'd rather have it lifted over the ready lift level kit. But I already dropped the 3k on the chrome. I'm willing to lose a grand to sell the rims but I also still like them. So if I can keep the rims and get another couple inches and still be safe. I think I could be happy with a 3" lift, although 6" is my number!
ImageUploadedByAG Free1384574933.872803.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
I know i can fit 295/65/18 which is a 33 with just the 2' level kit and stock 18's.. They do rub when turned hard. With a 3" lift you should have little to no rub. If doing a 6" you should beable to fit 35's. You will also have to look at regearing depending on your stock gear ratio if you wanna have some power still and save the transmission

·
Registered
706 Posts
You can lift your truck 3", 6", or 12" and keep those wheels and tires. Granted bigger tires will look better and having wheels offset outward will help with stability and looks. But unless you drive like your truck is a ferrari you will have no issues

·
Registered
144 Posts
I wouldn't go more than a leveling kit with stock offset. It'll still be safe to drive with a 3" lift, but it'll look goofy. You could buy spacers to push the wheels you have out some, but that's not as strong or safe using different offset wheels.

·
Registered
706 Posts
-Z/28- said:
I wouldn't go more than a leveling kit with stock offset. It'll still be safe to drive with a 3" lift, but it'll look goofy. You could buy spacers to push the wheels you have out some, but that's not as strong or safe using different offset wheels.
There are several running the RC 7.5 lift with stock offset.. Only run spacers in the rear. No issues.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wait I thought I bought the z06 silverado lol I drive it like I stole it about 90% of the time. And I take corners at 60mph lol... I know I need to change my driving habit being higher. But yeah I just need to know if my rims are safe enough with the offset with a 3" lift. I would then buy new rubber.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
-Z/28- said:
When you say strong the most off-road this girl sees is a foot of snow on the road and the occasional sidewalk/speed bump would it be strong enough to handle that? And you say safe... Exactly what is the safety concern? Roll over or spacers breaking?

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
^^^The safety concern would be both, roll over and spacers possibly breaking....the rule of thumb here is...you go up you must go out with wheel base...just for safety.

·
Registered
706 Posts
09chevyman said:
^^^The safety concern would be both, roll over and spacers possibly breaking....the rule of thumb here is...you go up you must go out with wheel base...just for safety.
I am not sure about all lifts.. But i know the RC 5 and 7.5 lifts push the front out 2". Which is why you run spacers only in the rear. I would personally not hesitate to run my stock wheels lifted that high. Infact i plan to. I also understand i am not driving a Z06 sierra and know how far i can push my truck and if i change its aspects i relearn what it can do.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
slw206 said:
09chevyman said:
I am not sure about all lifts.. But i know the RC 5 and 7.5 lifts push the front out 2". Which is why you run spacers only in the rear. I would personally not hesitate to run my stock wheels lifted that high. Infact i plan to. I also understand i am not driving a Z06 sierra and know how far i can push my truck and if i change its aspects i relearn what it can do.
If that's the case then I should be ok with my rims. I also suppose not every kits created equal. I'll have to pay attention to offset requirements I guess. And just saying I'm not willing to sacrifice safety to save a buck. But if I can save a buck I'd like to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.