Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
At the front of the chassis is the bit in the photo. It stick out and down and just seems in the way a bit. It's caught the back of plastic and damaged it when I've been driving in the sand

ImageUploadedByAG Free1384107635.465272.jpg

Considering getting them ground off when I get my off-road bumper fitted

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,346 Posts
I think it is a place for the bump stop to seat at full suspension travel. It's hard to tell from that picture exactly where I am looking and which part you are talking about (I'm assuming the metal p[iece that looks like an upside down bowl).

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
^^^Its the part welded on underside of frame, right behind where front tow hooks are bolted on.

I don't know what it's called (maybe impact stop or something) but I think it's there for a front impact, incase your in a front end collision. So if you rear end a small car your truck doesn't go completely up on top of their car...I think...

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Ah, so it's a Prius guard.......

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
09chevyman said:
^^^Its the part welded on underside of frame, right behind where front tow hooks are bolted on.
Correct, thanks for identifying it from the poor photograph

Interesting that's what it could be. I'm thinking about having an off road bumper built with an integrated sump guard. The truck gets used in the sand dunes every now and then and I was thinking to get them ground off because they'll prevent the front sliding on the sand nicely

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,464 Posts
^^^if you want it ground off I say go ahead. If you have lifted the front of the truck much or a lot, I don't think they will serve no purpose any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.