Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Recently replaced my driver side wheel hub and stupid me didnt try 4x4 just before replacing to compare. But however after replacing I did test drive two wheel drive works fine but four high sounds weird... like a whining or rubbing sound.... any ideas? Thinking I should take axle nut off and tap the axle out and try greasing and reseating axle, would this be good idea?

Thanks to all.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
23,197 Posts
You should have greased your splines when installing the axel. But like said above it wouldn't have anything to do with your noise since your cv is turning in both 2wd and 4wd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1,807 Posts
Check the boot, might have had a weak spot that then tore when you were in there.

· Registered
1,807 Posts
Derekh1979 said:
Update:
Sounds like i dunno how to explain it... brake pads rubbing on rotor but only under torque if I let of the sound goes away... please help.
You had the caliper off- are the caliper bolt/stud boots lubed and caliper moving freely? Seized caliper piston could also be doing it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.