Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm wanting to dip my stock wheels for now until I can justify some aftermarket ones. thinking of two tone red and black. I borrowed a pic from another member and had them photoshopped to the two tone.

What do you guys think? I may change the color blend a little but very close to what I think I want to do.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Truth? I haven't jumped on the whole aftermarket wheel thing. I like the look of the factory 18s as they are untouched. I haven't jumped on board with the whole dipping stuff to me it completely cheapens the look of the truck. That's just my $.02.

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I think it looks pretty sharp.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Looks pretty good but I have to agree with the too much red. Maybe photochop out the large red areas on the rim edge and only have the red accents on the inside of the wheel?

Your truck though... Do what YOU like!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
593 Posts
mag11SGM said:
Truth? I haven't jumped on the whole aftermarket wheel thing. I like the look of the factory 18s as they are untouched. I haven't jumped on board with the whole dipping stuff to me it completely cheapens the look of the truck. That's just my $.02.

Sent via my VZW Galaxy S3.
+1,

I wouldn't do it, I really dislike the whole after market/plasti dip thing myself.
But as has been mentioned, its your truck do what ever suits you, as long as you like it!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just one more hater :) I am understanding of aftermarket wheels, sometimes you just need a different backspacing / width to accommodate those monster tires. In your case, if you're leaving the stock tires (ish) on, then I would say to look at Tuff (i believe) I remember them having some pretty sharp looking two tone red and black wheels. The plastidip / rattlecan look really makes these trucks look cheap if you ask me. Personally, Powder coated steel or chrome are the only accessory colors that belong!

Finally, it is your truck! If you want to go this route, I would go by the auto store and get a can of color match for your truck. That way you have the same color red on the wheels as your truck actually is. Hopefully I wasn't just a negative post, I certainly think this could look good if it's done right. Be sure to post pictures of what you decide!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.