Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I'm kind of new to all of this. I just recently bought a 04 Silverado. The guy I bought it from said he was having low oil pressure problems. He said he replaced the oil pump, and it didn't fix the problem. He then said he replaced the engine to a 07 vortec. I have had the truck about a month and all a sudden it is telling me low oil pressure. I'm assuming with my oil pump is bad or need a new sending unit. The guy did give me a receipt for the engine he apparently put in it. Though didn't have a receipt from the shop actually putting it in this particular truck. So, I'm starting to wonder if he actually replaced it. Can someone tell me where to find the VIN of the engine so I can try to match it to receipt?

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
The vehicle identification number (VIN) is located on the left side rear of the engine block (1) and is typically a nine digit number stamped or laser-etched onto the engine at the vehicle assembly plant.

•The first digit identifies the division.
•The second digit identifies the model year.
•The third digit identifies the assembly plant.
•The fourth through ninth digits are the last six digits of the VIN.

Attachments

·
Registered
223 Posts
Low oil pressure would be engine specific. While it is possible to have two different engines, both having oil pressure problems, but it would make most people raise an eyebrow. You may have to forget about the story he told and just address the problem at hand. You will still need to know exactly what motor you currently have so you can get the right parts. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.