Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone! I am wanting to install an inline 10 micron fuel filter onto my 2008 silverado 2500hd 6.0 gasoline and need to know which line is the pressure line. Are the coupler colors an indication or, should I just follow the line down fron the injector rail? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

·
Super Moderator
2015 High Country Duramax
19,560 Posts
I take it you have a diesel then? Since the gas motors are a returnless system since 2004 ( I believe it's since 04). If so, then it's the larger of the two lines. However, I strongly recommend a lift pump if your wanting to add a filter. The reason being is the high pressure fuel pump uses a small transfer pump on the back end of the pump body that pulls fuel all the way from the tank, through the lines and oem filter, to the high pressure side of the pump.

Adding more restriction won't help it at all. Plus a lift pump, such as a fass or air dog, will add a layer of protection by having both a dedicated particulate filter as well as a water separator.

If you have a gas motor, then you can disregard all that.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, no I have a 6.0 gasoline engine. Periodically, my injectors get clogged up from deposits and the sock in the tank doesn't seem sufficient to filter out the particles, hence my inquiry to install a filter.

·
Registered
2004 Sierra 3500 6.0L, auto, extended cab, cab&chassis, upgraded to 4wd
2,182 Posts
You should only have a single line running to the front for a gas engine.

For my '04 w LQ4 (also a returnless system), I plumbed the fuel filter and bracket that GM used on 99-02 trucks, inline, and that's been working fine for me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts