Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, yes i searched it on here, all i came up with is people putting 90mm throttle bodies on there 6.2L's.

my question is, if i can or if there is any improvements in putting a stock 6.2L throttle body or a stock vmax 6.0L (not sure how big they are stock) throttle body on my 2009 5.3L? Or maybe there is an upgraded throttle body i can get at a performance parts store? i did a search on good and maybe im just not wording it right but i cant seem to find anything.

I have a diablosport intune programmer to make up for the larger intake of air, if i even need to. what are your thoughts?
thanks

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
327 Posts
i would just home port your own the 5.3's throttle body actually flows good enough a bigger tb is only an improvement if you have a bigger cam or turbo needing or forcing more air in. if your looking for more performance do an exhaust, cai, and tune it makes a big difference.

and for the cai i would keep your stock box with a airaid M.I.T and a drop in performance filter they seem to pull better temp #'s than a full cai.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.