Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Servicemen
2021 GMC Sierra Denali CC 4WD Ultimate 6.2L
5,296 Posts
4 sp or 6 sp auto is it. Look at label in glove box and note all that start with M and list them, trans rpo

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
truck has 181k. i think trans was serviced at 100k so im sure its time for another servicing. fluid is pink and doesnt smell, just have weird downshifting and occasional slipping for 1 -2nd gear. hoping its not trans going out. what recommendations do you have an brand fluid?

· Registered
4,317 Posts
I am just one of those weirdos that probably takes things to an extreme. My entire drive train gets lube and fluid changes within the first 10,000 miles of ownership and every 50-60,000 miles thereafter. No evidence that it makes a major difference, but my comfort level is met. And all it takes is looking at the magnetic drain plug on that first Xfer and Diff change to convince one that it is something that should garner much more attention than folks normally give the drivetrain.

· Registered
2,249 Posts
Copperhead said:
I am just one of those weirdos that probably takes things to an extreme. My entire drive train gets lube and fluid changes within the first 10,000 miles of ownership and every 50-60,000 miles thereafter. No evidence that it makes a major difference, but my comfort level is met. And all it takes is looking at the magnetic drain plug on that first Xfer and Diff change to convince one that it is something that should garner much more attention than folks normally give the drivetrain.
Nothing extreme about that. Good common sense

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.