Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the subject says: I have a 2009 Silverado LTZ with Bose and CD Radio. I would like to upgrade to a NAV unit. My choices are 4 types. First 2 are factory DENSO units, 1 had DVD maps and the newer one(2012) has USB maps. Would like to use with Coastal Tech or TV&NAV2go adapter box to add more cameras. The next 2 are aftermarket units, ADVENT OGM1 or Rosen Entertainment. What would you use and why? I am deployed right now and would like to assemble some parts for when I get home. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have a 13 with the Bose system. I went with the advent unit, it's completely plug and play and integrates into the factory XM, on star, iPod controls. I added the backup cam to the truck as well. The sound quality is far superior to the factory unit as well. Very happy with the unit.

·
Registered
897 Posts
I have the factory unit in my 13 and it lacks a lot. no Bluetooth audio, no detailed eq settings, no background changes, etc. if it were me i'd go aftermarket....probably cheaper too. I may change mine out down the road.

what other cameras are you planning to install?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Does anyone know of a place to get an Advent GMO-1 for a decent deal? I have the same 2009 LTZ and looking to upgrade while saving all chimes etc but can't afford a $900 radio. I have seen some denzo ones online for around $300. Thanks newbie here!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.