Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody tell me what this white tab is? I took my door panels off to replace speakers today and noticed this broken white tab. I didn't hear anything snap and it doesn't seem to really do much but just wanted to double check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
292 Posts
That's one of the anchors that hold the inner door panel in place.
Those damn things break real easy if you're not careful.
I'm surprised that the panel doesn't just hook onto the inside of the door, like on my '02 Avalanche.
Ask GM: Why change what worked??

CarMech97

· Member Extraordinaire, Servicemen, How-To Author
16,428 Posts
MONEY? Call your dealer how much one of those little plastic pieces will cost you? I tried to replace a couple simple Christmas tree fastners on a cobalt door. The dealer said they were $6 each. I could not find them anywhere else much cheaper. I imagine that fastener above is a good $10.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok thank you. I don't think I'll worry about fixing it if it was broken before and I didn't notice it then I don't mind. Although I can tell this door has been taken off multiple times from all the marks by the little panels that come out. Probably to replace this actuator for the lock that is broken. Just bought the truck so I'm expecting to find little gems (problems) everywhere. Thanks a lot guys I appreciate the help.

16,428 Posts
Yah, that is a great idea. I remember I went to a bone yard with my kid one time. He needed a part for a Honda Civic. He got the part and pulled a bunch of extra interior panels and grabbed a couple extra trim pieces but stuffed his pockets with various fasteners from the trim pieces. I thought he was nuts.

I have called several salvage yards around here. None of them have any NNBS trucks on their lots. The call for used parts is just too great to let them sit in a salvage yard waiting for a guy to need a new glove compartment lid.

16,428 Posts
Dailybean said:
Ok thank you. I don't think I'll worry about fixing it if it was broken before and I didn't notice it then I don't mind. Although I can tell this door has been taken off multiple times from all the marks by the little panels that come out. Probably to replace this actuator for the lock that is broken. Just bought the truck so I'm expecting to find little gems (problems) everywhere. Thanks a lot guys I appreciate the help.
They joys of buying a used vehicle. I just hope you don't find a bunch of cut and cobbled wiring under the dash.

· Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I checked under the dash while I was installing my light bar in the bumper opening and everything was still factory from the pictures I saw to compare it online.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.