Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope so because it's just about completely done. The motor is in and finishing up on wiring. I was told all that I would need do is change the intake. The L59(Z) motor requires like 13lbs more on the fuel injectors than my original LM7(T) motor. The electrical connectors are way different. Would this not starve my motor for fuel and make it run like crap? I've thought about splicing the injector connectors for the (Z) motor, but would that interfere with the computer? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. The donor vehicle is not available.
So what all needs to be done to get the motor running?

· Registered
95 Posts
Hi!

What year is the donor vehicle that supplied the L59 (Z) motor? I hope its earlier than 2003 or you're going to run into issues of drive by wire and other changes vs your cable throttle. The L59 was the flexfuel engine and has to flow about 30% fuel when its running E85, hence the bigger injectors. This was supported by an upgraded fuel pump as well, if I remember correctly. Other than that, it's very similar to the LM7 of the same year. I would suggest comparing years before worrying too much about the swap. Any additional info would help us answer your questions faster!

Good luck!

~Epyon

· Registered
1 Posts
All you have to do is change the fuel injectors and fuel rail over the convert the l59 to an lm7. I just dropped an 07 into my 04 sierra with no issues other than me missing a ground. Oh, my i had to swap the water pump too to work with my hoses. Not sure if that has anything to do with the motor or model or year. Also used a pf48e filter instead of a pf46e, but i think that was a year change and not the motor itself either. I just used my old intake but even the intake was the same number. Eaay aa it gets to convert.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.