Chevy Silverado and GMC Sierra Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm new to this forum. I have a 2011 4x4 regular cab and was looking to buy some 20x10 xd monster 2s from a buddy. They have 285/55 Terra grapplers with a -19 inch offset. I am leveling the truck 2 inches this week. I'm afraid with the offset it won't fit but he runs them on his Sierra just fine with no rubbing. Thanks

· SilveradoSierra Guru, How-To Author
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,397 Posts
How much lift/level does he have on his truck? Did he do any fender modifications for more clearance?

Those will most certainly rub some on yours on the backside of the wheel well, with just a 2" level. NorCal mod would be in order, if you aren't willing to lift a little more.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I say buddy but I just know him from someone. I don't want to have to cut that much so I'm on the fence about it. It's just too good of a deal to let them go. Plus I'm rarely new to trucks so Im not the most educated on how to cut, or anything of that matter.

· Member Extraordinaire, How-To Author, TOTM
22,225 Posts
he must only drive in straight lines or doesn't care about his tires tearing apart his inner fenders. Ask to see pics of the clearance with the wheels turned to full lock before you buy.
Unless there is a mistake and they are +19 offset not -19

22,225 Posts
yeah that's -19. I played with -12s with that same size tire on my 08 when it was only leveled and it rubbed pretty bad with just a level. Look up Norcal mod, its what you would need.

22,225 Posts
Keep in mind people's definitions of rubbing and a little trimming greatly vary. When I was trying to decide my setup I only referenced pics with the steering wheel and full lock .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· SilveradoSierra Guru, How-To Author
2009 Silverado LT 4WD
9,397 Posts
IMG_20161118_100259135.jpg

Just finished helping my friend with his project. We done a 2.5" level (came out closer to a 3") . His wheels are 18x9 -12 offset with 275/65/18's tires.
IMG_20161128_154703843.jpg

They rubbed on the backside of the wheel well at full lock. We done the small norcal mod for clearance and pulled the front plastic liner with zip ties for a bit more clearance. The right front tire made a very slight rub on the liner at full lock backing up on a incline. You have to remember the more aggressive the terrain you drive on the worse the rubbing will be.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.